Comprehensive Menopausal Health Care services are available through BM hospital.Our patients include mid-life women who have completed child-bearing, and peri and postmenopausal women of all ages.
Services provided include :
- Annual well woman gynecological exams
- Evaluation and treatment of menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes, sleep disturbances, vaginal dryness, pain with intercourse, mood changes, and abnormal bleeding. We will discuss bio-identical hormones, compounded hormones, different ways to administer hormones (pill, patch, gel, cream, vaginal tablets and rings) and explore non-hormonal therapies
- Gynecologic care of women with menopausal symptoms or sexual concerns after cancer treatment or related to chronic diseases
- Evaluation and management of sexual problems including decreased libido, diminished genital sensitivity, pain with intercourse, difficulty achieving orgasm
- Breast Health including breast self-exam, referral for mammograms and other screening modalities, risk assessment for breast cancer, prevention strategies for high risk women, and gynecologic care for breast cancer survivors
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment, including referral for bone density testing, recommendations for calcium and Vitamin D therapy, weight bearing exercises, and medications
- Screening for colon cancer, including fecal occult blood testing and referrals for colonoscopy
- Screening for pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, pessary fitting and care and coordinating referrals to urogynecology specialists for treatment
We provide guidance and support in navigating the transition through menopause, including decisions regarding hormone therapy, preventative care, and changes in sexual function.
A complete medical history and exam focuses on each woman’s symptoms, past medical history, risk factors, family history and personal preferences. Our practitioners involve patients in all aspects of their care, share information and decision making, and provide treatment recommendations in a caring atmosphere.